Success stories

Strategic meetings management

Developing an effective strategic meetings management programme - SMMP - to drive online adoption and increase the use of internal meetings space.

Strong business growth can result in pressure on a company’s internal meeting space and an increased need for external venues with associated costs. One of the UK’s leading professional services firms faced this challenge and recognised the need to negotiate a preferred venue programme.

The firm aspried to achieve ‘total space management’, with a policy taking into account a strong internal regulatory system, while maximising the use of internal office meeting space in all locations. 

The situation

Major considerations identified:

  • Internal space was at a premium, but existing booking systems used by employees did not control yield during peak use times/days.
  • No negotiated programme of preferred external venues, resulting in limited due diligence and exposure to unnecessary risks/costs.
  • Existing technology was expensive to adapt and required significant customer internal resource.
  • No consolidated view of office and external venue meeting space demand and use, leading to ineffective monitoring of external meetings and events spend.
  • Lack of a coordinated delivery for logistical and creative event services.

Software development

The firm has almost 30 UK office locations, 168 internal meeting rooms and 320 meeting room configurations.

With this level of complexity in mind, bespoke specification software was needed to optimise use of the customer’s internal meeting space. The development of a meetings self-booking tool facilitated automated authorisation, live availability and booking, video conferencing, and the ability to request catering and AV requirements.

Proven success

The success of the software development with an implementation and engagement programme is proven by 90% online adoption. The other 10% is professionally managed through a dedicated central reservations team.

85% of the internal meeting space is utilised. This has resulted in savings of over £7m within three years.

“At the beginning of the process there was a clear disconnection between the internal and external meetings space strategies. Our overall strategy was to ensure both internal and external objectives were achieved through a holistic approach.”

M&E Account Manager, Capita Travel and Events

Download: SMMP success story

Find out how we helped this customer achieve their objectives.

Download

Interested? Let’s have a chat about your company’s travel, meetings and events objectives - from the stuff that keeps you awake at night, to the everyday experiences of your employees! Call us on 0330 390 0340, or submit the details below, with an idea of the times that suit you for a call.