Enhancing events through technology
Bringing technology to the forefront of Publicis Blueprint’s objectives to ensure the success of DevWeek, a leading UK conference for the technology industry.
DevWeek has spent 19 years providing a unique opportunity for delegates to keep their skills up to date with the latest technologies, best practices and frameworks. Capita Travel and Events has worked with them on this event for 15 years.
This event offers delegates a chance to sharpen their skills and walk away with new opportunities to apply them to their daily professional roles.
For the latest event, the Publicis brief included:
- Sourcing and managing all audio-visual requirements.
- Creation of a bespoke delegate registration and management website.
- Production of event collateral including badges and signage.
- Management of all third party suppliers for audio visual (AV), photography, venue and catering.
- On-site event management services and logistics.
- Full project management including budgets for all third party suppliers.
- Speaker management.
- Creation and management of sponsors’ exhibition area.
- Creation and management of smooth delegate flow throughout the venue.
- Health and safety responsibilities.
The event featured over 100 breakout sessions and a wide range of full-day workshops. There was a mixture of practical ‘real-world’ sessions alongside exhibitions, theoretical overviews and industry perspectives from keynote speakers.
In addition to a smooth and seamless registration process, the delegates’ event experiences were streamlined. This was achieved by introducing new technology to deliver mass personalisation; delegate badges with in-built radio frequency identification (RFID), recorded individuals’ movements around the sessions and exhibition, without the need for regular and intrusive badge scanning.
“The support we have from Capita has been superb from the start; from looking at our objectives, how we wanted to implement new technology and enhance the experience of delegates.”
Interested? Let’s have a chat about your company’s travel, meetings and events objectives - from the stuff that keeps you awake at night, to the everyday experiences of your employees! Call us on 0330 390 0340, or submit your details below.