One team approach
Developing an effective strategic meetings management programme (SMMP) with a ‘one team’ approach to help drive policy compliance.
A leading professional services firm had historically worked with multiple venue-find and event agencies.
With its meetings and events spend increasing year-on-year, the firm needed to drive policy compliance to achieve better visibility of spend and venue use, improve employee welfare, and reduce unnecessary spend. The organisation required a supplier that could manage specific and specialised work streams including:
- A large learning and development programme.
- Complex international events.
- A high volume of UK venue find, taking into account the company’s brand and the identity of its different products and services.
A strategic meetings management programme (SMMP) was designed and implemented to encompass:
- Rate benchmarking and analysis of external venues.
- Design and implementation of meetings and events policy.
- An adapted programme for specific service line needs, such as learning and development, ensuring overarching policy terms were applied to all.
- Creation of rate caps in all key locations.
- Customised venue terms and conditions, to include cancellation, attrition, competitors in house and force majeure.
The customer was looking for a collaborative ‘one team approach’ in which its agency was fully integrated into the customer’s own team.
In order to drive policy compliance within the firm, an ‘implant’ Meetings Services Manager and Account Manager were introduced to the customer’s own head office. This allowed the team to develop a high level understanding of the firm’s culture and build strong relationships with its employees.
A dedicated team was introduced to manage all bookings on behalf of the firm. The team completed the customer’s brand immersion training to help ensure that all venue and event services meet and reflect its high quality brand standards.
The success of the implant team and the SMMP are reflected by high compliance rates; 85% compliance to the customer’s preferred programme and 86% compliance to Capita as the specialist service provider.
Another advantage of using a single specialist agency has been an impressive 78% reduction in venue cancellation charges in a single financial year alone. Over a three year period, the team has successfully saved the firm £10m.
Interested? Let’s have a chat about your company’s travel, meetings and events objectives - from the stuff that keeps you awake at night, to the everyday experiences of your employees! Call us on 0330 390 0340, or submit your details below.